Hi, I’m Krypto
A tenacious, loving and energetic boy who enjoys hanging out with my owners or other dog (and cat) friends!
- Gender: Male:
- Weight: 25 lbs
- Age: 2.5 years old
- Breed: Mixed (Small / Medium – ALREADY FULL GROWN)
- loving, once he trust you but he is scared at first
- Will walk on a leash or follow other dogs but needs some help if he is scared he will just lay down and look scared or literally run into the smallest place he can find to curl up and hide or into a door! Has gotten better day by day.
- Shy and scared but opens up a lot in one day once trusting and comfortable with his partner and environment
- Great with other dogs depending on the other dogs but he hasn’t shown any aggression or anger even when other dogs did.
- He paces the floor prob since he doesn’t know where to go
- He is good with our cat even though the cat did chase him into the corner at night but that’s normal and he hisses at him too but Krypto doesn’t seem to mind
- Plays with toys and fetches balls
- Seems to be house broken so far but have let him out every few hours
- Did okay in the car ride home but scared the first ride. When we took him on a van trip in our rv he did well no bathroom issues, did get in seat once or twice and licked my coffee… but as far as the ride he did well coming in and out the car for the most part sometimes have to carry but he knows the door that lets him out and is always ready to go out…
- Does not show aggression around food or with other dogs when eating so far he runs when they take his food or try to grow at him or bark. Although he did try to growl and snapped while we were eating one time which he was reprimanded for immediately) he’s scared when I say no and smack my hands 🙌 any loud noise will work.
- Great with small dogs (but prob any dogs) and a cat (aka cat dog)
- Left him home alone for a few hours and he didn’t seem to do anything bad 1st day in trailer, then did a lot of alone time while monitoring on camera in the van / RV trip and he did well when we left minus getting in the seat once but we didn’t cover the windows like we normally do!
- Putting your hand it getting on his level and talking sweet high pitch no screaming or loud shouts he will come to you or shelter in place
- I sat on the floor with him the first day and he was good very sweet quick figured out that he could keep nudging me to get more pets
- Extremely loving sweet dog, loves to play, learning his name, great with people and animals, just needs time to adjust to his surroundings and trust
- Spayed / neutered
- Will poop / pee in sand (did good at the beach but did not try the water. Just let him lay in sand near by chairs tied up.
- found shoe and was wanting to play with it but told him no and he quickly left it alone
- Hair shedding but bathing helps and when he came from the shelter he was prob shedding from stress a lot more but it has been much more minimal since he had a bath
- He did find a carpet that snags easily and found it fun to “play” with aka destroy
- Loud noises scare him
- Learning how to go up and down stairs
- Stays in our small fence but can hop over it and did so mush be on a leash and close by in case but do not chase just follow and try to get him to come back
- Does not know any tricks
- Does not like cucumbers or carrots or bananas at least for now but sometimes it takes a minute
- Did not eat kibble dry food or treats or rice, veggies and chicken for first few hours but then started eating it later
- Hates baths or at least the first one he tried to claw the shower down and get out the glass he knew opened to get him in
- When he’s scared he did try to claw the door he came in the first few hours like if I moved us to a new room he and he got scared he might try to claw and I’d have to stop him
- Likes to eat tags, paper, napkins, if it’s hanging in his face but once you tell him no and give him a real toy 🧸 he stops tearing those items up just needs to knows which items are toys and which are not.